Thursday, November 1, 2007

When Is More Not Merrier?

It's been 15 years since Ameeyn, KayZ and Udy stayed in A1 -1 and a lot has happened to them since then. For example Mubi's daughter is already in Primary six, KayZ hit the jackpot and has moved his family to Vancouver, Udy married his second wife last year, and no one has heard from Ameeyn since his PhD at MIT 10 years ago.
But a lot has happened in A1 -1 also. The "Floating candle" incident was the most recent. A chicken's head was found with a diamond ring in its mouth about five years back. And it was there that the madman attacked Labiba and Hadiza while Amina was out shopping just few years after the guys left.

A family of five now stay in A1 -1. The parents, two sons and a daughter. They are Portuguese and are on vacation. One day the daughter was left alone in the house and boredom led her into searching the house for anything interesting. A paper sticking out of the couch in the living room caught her eye, and out of curiosity, she read.

**********

**th October, 2007.

We had a wild night yesterday, one of the nicest since the boring holidays started. I was so tired when we came back, so I retired to my room. I opened the windows for fresh air and the house directly opposite my window had all their fluorescent lights on and some really crappy music playing at extremely loud. I lay still, praying they'll somehow snap out of the trance they were put under by the douchebag hypnotist. One, Two, Three minutes passed. My prayers weren't answered. I guessed there was no hypnotist, just a bunch of silly people with no respect for their neighbors. So I stood up, put on a towel and walked to my balcony.
"Hey!", I shouted to the two girls on the opposite balcony.
They didn't answer.
"Hey There!"
One turned, looked at me and turned around.
I was like... What tha fuck?
"Hey there!"
They turned.
"Yes you!"
"What?"
I was like like... Gal don't gimme attitude, am not in the mood!
"Turn that volume the fuck down!"
They couldn't believe what they heard.
"What?"
"Maybe you'd say What a lot less if your crappy music wasn't so loud"
They looked at each other. The fair slutty looking one asked,
"What's your problem?"
"My problem? You are my fucking problem!"
They didn't say anything. So I continued,
"I had a long day, fucking tired and having a headache, and I came back home just to find what? Lights like a football stadium shining on me and a music so crappy it can... "
"... OK! Stop there."
They looked at one another and spoke in whatever language is it they spoke. It sounded like an argument.
"Are you girls going to argue all night or is someone gonna take care of the fucking lights."
"Dude am trying to get you your lights out here so stop being a bitch and shut that fuck up!", said the dark pretty one.
My mouth dropped open. I didn't know she could talk like that, as a matter of fact I didn't know any of them could talk like that.
"He is not getting a lights out! Who tha fuck does he think he is?", said the fair slutty one.
"Bitch am here so stop talking as if am not. I dunno what you're trying to achieve by turning all these lights and dancing on the balcony at three in the morning. Maybe you should think of putting a large sign board that says 'Boyfriend Wanted' instead"
She was silent. And after a while she said,
"Watever! You can have the bloody lights off, but the music fucking stays!"
I shake my head. Bitches! They said something behind my back that I didn't hear, but I didn't care.
As I lay down for the second time, I thought what it would be like with any more of them. I'd jump off a building or bleed myself to death I though. And with a smile on my face, I slept.

**th October, 2007
Just when I thought I had peace, I was awoken by some loud crappy music. Even crappier than last night's. I walked out the balcony to check what's up, and I saw people. Lots of them. And not just any people. The likes of those I had a fight with last night. Hundreds of them!
I took my phone and called Mubi.
"Who the fuck are these? And what are they doing playing loud music at five in the morning?"
"They are new students. A hundred and twenty of them. They just arrived last night..."
Fuck!
What would it be, Ixora or a razor?


**********

She turned the page around. There wasn't more. She put her hands deeper into the couch. Nothing. She knew it was a page from someone's journal. Probably someone that lived in the house years ago. But who? She set to find out...

5 comments:

CrazySphinx said...

Well, here it is. My come-back post! Watcha'll think?

ѕαмiяα said...

yay im so happy..buh come on its too short..i neva wanna stop readin once i start..sigh..overall,goodjob!

Unknown said...

woooooooooooo!! this is really a come back,i want more,lol.....

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Update!

ѕαмiяα said...

hey come on...im tired of being in suspence