Saturday, September 8, 2007

28 Months Later : The Diary of Labiba

12th February, 2010

Today I, Hadiza and Amina moved into our not-so-new new house.
It was apartment A-1-1, at BBP. The landlord is nice, and he said the former tenants, Ameeyn, Udy and Kay-Z, were Nigerians also. I haven't met Ameeyn or Kay-Z, but I met Udy once. Not exactly the meeting I was hoping for.
I was going to the finance office to finalize my registration when I saw him in his car. The car was pimped out, and to be honest, I loved it. I heard a lot about him from... you know, news still found a way to come to me even though its just my first week (Damn girl!). So I slowed down my pace and walked close to his side of the car looking at him. When our eyes met, I smiled, but he was just blank. I mean, didn't he see my smile? Was it not big enough? Was he in a bad mood? Anyways, thats how I met Udy.
OK, so the house was pretty much clean, so I took the first room, immediately from the main door. Hadiza took the one close to the bathroom, and Amina the other room.

Tomorrow is saturday, so we all plan to go to Jusco and get stuff for the house. Farida promised to go with us. She seems really nice, but I don't really trust people like that. But who cares, even if she's not all good, its her last sem, so hopefully, I won't get to put up with her for too long.


13th February, 2010

Wow! Our girl's day out was off the fuckin' hook! Shoppin', hot guys hittin' on you and then being updated with the latest gossip, I mean, come-on guys... What more would a girl ask for?
I think am gonna like Farida afterall.
She came to our place and woke us up. It was 2pm! Damn girl, what tha hell is wrong wif us. Anyways we cleaned up and dressed up really really fast. Everyone was ready at 5pm, so she called this guy to come take us. I can't really remember his name, but he was tall, fair and not too bad looking. It seems he's been here a while, maybe even as long as Farida. Dunno the names of them Malaysian cars yet, but boy, the car he came with was sweet! What's wif me and cars?
We ate in Nandos, at Jusco. The guy paid for all of us. I don't like the idea of guys paying everything, but Farida doesn't seem to mind... so what tha heck! We did a lil shopping, then proceeded to Tesco.
There, I saw Ameeyn, tall, dark and handsome. He was with another girl, I forgot her name, but Farida said it was his wife, and they've been together for about a year. I didn't know students get married here... Wow! I mean... Its just Wow!
Now that I've seen Udy and Ameeyn, I was sooo eager to see Kay-Z. I didn't wanna ask any of the girls, cuz I don't want 'em to have any ideas in their heads.
Anyways all these guys in Mahkota kept looking at us. I know we hot and all, but people please... show some respect. About 10 guys came and talked to us, and two were definitely Hot!
It was past 8 when we came back, and the guy had to drop something for someone (I didn't care to ask) at UV, and that was when I caught a glimpse of Kay-Z. I mean boy! I wasn't disappointed! He waved at the guy we were with when he came out of the car, but didn't come over to see who was in. Oh God! I sooo wish he did!
Anyways we just finished putting the house together now and going to bed any minute from now. I wonder what will happen tomorrow. Kabir will probably call, but what of here? Its Valentines for cryin' out loud... I Need Chocolates!!!


14th February, 2010


I slept half the day today. And when I finally woke up, I found like 25 Valentines SMS txt msgs from 9ja. I was like Wow... Funny how people just start textin' you outta the blue just cuz you out. Oh my 9ja ppl... I miss you!

Anyways I was mostly in all day till about 8pm when the guy from yesterday came and wanted to take all of us out. I didn't know what was on his bloody mind but what tha heck, I had nothing better doing so I tagged along.

At the gas station, I saw this really sweet car (yeah cars again... deal with it) and in tryin' to look closer, I noticed this chic inside. I didn't really pay any attention to her cuz it was the car I liked not her (God! Now I wish I had seen the face of the bitch). The guy finished fueling, went in and started his engines. It was when he came to pass by us that I noticed who it was. Kay - Z!

So outta reflex, I said "Is that Kay-Z's car?". And the guy with us was like, " No, what made you think so?" And I was thinking to myself, hello dumbo, I just saw him in the fuckin' car, why do you think I thot so? But I said "Cuz I just saw him in the car". "No he wasn't", came the guy. Then who tha fuck is it? "Then who was it?", I asked. "Its Ameeyn". What
tha Fuck??? "Isn't Ameeyn married?", I was confused. "No, Udy is".

Jesus fuckin' christ!! I mixed them all up!

1 comment:

CrazySphinx said...

Just thot about our future... Living apart and how other people wud see us. In this case, a confused new- naija gal...